Full Time, Part Time
Posted 2 years ago
- This is not a fast food restaurant, but an elegant setting for fresh, healthy, and uniquely styled food presentations.
- We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
- The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. This would be someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
- Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in such an environments, we’d like to meet you. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
- Keep in mind that Waiter/Waitress duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
- Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience. Guests should walk away not only with their palate satisfied, but with a pleasant memory of their time with us.
- Family and friends are not expected to drop in for a chat with you unless appropriately dressed and be sitting down for full service from the menu.
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and china.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables.
- Present the menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,
regular order pad, or by memorization.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drinks.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate. This may be when they
notice the art on the tables or wall and ask about it. Learn from the
information slips ahead of time so you can speak knowledgeably and then refer
them to the Gallery itself.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages (when this becomes part of the café’s selections, and you are not sure the person is old enough.)
- Meet with the Head Cook to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.