We are looking for a Restaurant Assistant Manager to ensure all daily activities run smoothly and efficiently.
Restaurant Assistant Manager responsibilities include ordering kitchen utensils and equipment based on our needs, managing contracts and payroll and supervising restaurant staff performance. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with restaurant operations and have a good understanding of what makes a great customer service. You should also be available to work within opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, you will help minimize operating costs, boost our employee retention and deliver a positive dining experience for our guests.
- Research new wholesale food suppliers and negotiate prices
- Calculate future needs in kitchenware and equipment and place orders, as needed
- Manage and store vendors’ contracts and invoices
- Coordinate communication between front of the house and back of the house staff
- Prepare shift schedules
- Process payroll for all restaurant staff
- Supervise kitchen and wait staff and provide assistance, as needed
- Keep detailed records of daily, weekly, and monthly costs and revenues
- Arrange for new employees’ proper onboarding (scheduling training and ordering uniforms)
- Monitor compliance with safety and hygiene regulations
- Gather guests’ feedback and recommend improvements to our menus
- Work experience as a Restaurant Assistant Manager or similar role in the hospitality industry
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable and PeachWorks
- Good math and reporting skills
- Customer service attitude
- Communication and team management abilities
- Availability to work within opening hours (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends)
- High school diploma; additional certification in hospitality is a plus
Bar Manager Job Description: Top Duties and Qualifications
A Bar Manager, or Pub Manager, oversees the staff and operations of a bar by making sure it’s clean, functioning efficiently, and inviting for customers to relax in.
Their main duties include scheduling employees and building their shift calendars, managing and resolving customer complaints, and ensuring the bar’s inventory is well-stocked.
Leadership | Training | Motivate Team | Management | Food Quality | Cost Control